Monday, September 15, 2008

Small Town Football


I’ll admit- the thought of my 2nd grader playing tackle football was a little unsettling. However, his little helmet, tight white pants (and skinny, tan legs), full padding, and cleats won me over. I love being a football mom and I love watching Tyson play Center for his Morgan football team. He practices 4 nights a week for 2 hours, and plays 4 quarters every Saturday. Tyson takes the game very seriously just like his Dad, the defensive coach. I can't wait to double the fun next year when Marcus is playing. Go Trojans!

Tyson in action:


Post-game Tyson and Dad:


Taking a breather:

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Holy hannah four nights a week? That's hardcore! I bet he is awesome and has the best time! You are a good mama to let him do it. Just thinking about it gives me sweaty palms! Good thing I have girls! Let's hope they don't want to play football!:)

Cheryl said...

What a little cutie! That action shot is great. I loved the little raised eyebrow expression, too. He is way too cool!
Love, Little Gramma

Holloways said...

I'm so excited to see him play sometime. And, he will be such a good big cousin to teach all of his little cousins how to play football!